Ms. Packard maintains an active trial docket, focusing primarily on family matters - divorce, child protective services, and juveniles in numerous counties within the State of Texas - but predominantly Fayette, Colorado, Lavaca, Gonzales, Harris, Travis and Bexar Counties.
As a practicing attorney in Central Texas, Ms. Packard also manages other matters encompassing a broad practice: contract disputes, business disputes and contract, commercial litigation, oil and gas litigation, oil and gas contracts, probate and estate litigation, criminal defense and other general matters.
Ms. Packard has argued family matters before the United States Supreme Court, namely the Karen Ann Delcourt vs. Edward Silverman, Ph.D. and Norma Levine Trusch which was appealed throughout the Texas Courts and the United States Supreme Court which established guardian ad litem appointment statutes in Texas. Ms. Packard was one of several attorneys for Seattle National Bank in Kelley Field National Bank and Seattle First National Bank vs. The Henry S. Longcrier Company, Associated Indemnity Corporation, Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company and Johnson-Depsey & Associates, Inc., vs. Shelton W. Greer Co., Samuel Dean Co., Thad Ziegler Glass, Inc., Alamo Waterproofing, Inc., Federal Insurance Company, Trinity Universal Insurance Company and National Mechanical Corporation in a complicated construction law matter in Bexar County, Texas that went to a jury and was tried over a nine-month period. It is currently the longest trial in the history of Texas from voir dire to verdict. In addition, Ms. Packard has argued before the Texas Supreme Court in the First Commerce Bank f/k/a Brazosport Bank of Texas vs. Christine Palmer, Individually and Christine Palmer and Frederick A. Palmer, III, Independent Co-Executors of the Estate of Frederick A. Palmer, Jr., out of Brazoria County involving a Suit on a Guaranty in an estate matter.
- United States Supreme Court
- Fifth Circuit United States
- U.S. District Court – Western District
- Supreme Court of Texas
Member of the following:
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- Former Member Grievance Committee
- State Bar of Texas
- Schulenburg Literary Club
- La Grange Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, 2000-2003
- La Grange Rotary Club 2000-2010
- Colorado-Fayette Hospital Board 2004-2006
- Auxillary Member of the Colorado Valley Marine Corp Detachment #1027
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo
- Quarter Horse Committee
- Ladies of Texas Tradition